Visit to a Palaygo school !
Hawthorn West Primary School in Victoria, Australia
Last month we visited one of the primary schools in Australia which has been actively using Palaygo in their year 5 & 6 classrooms over the past few years. Hawthorn West Primary School is located 5km east of Melbourne CBD where it is also origin to the famous AFL Hawthorn Football Club.
Ms. Caroline Gray, the Japanese teacher kindly gave us the following feedback on Palaygo:
In terms of what I like about the program -
How I use it in the classroom
- very easy for students to navigate through and use
- numbers makes it possible for all students
- engaging, incudes the pictures and avatars
- makes learning more meaningful for students, as they are actually sending an email to students overseas
- makes learning engaging in the classroom
- can be used at home
- Helpful when teaching verbs and word order, makes it fun to apply their knowledge
- Handy for students to learn Japanese punctuation
- Also great for cultural understanding, as we discuss what the Japanese students have written about
Hawthorn West Primary School